JOB OPENING: Economic Empowerment Program Coordinator
Refugee Women’s Network (RWN) is a nonprofit organization created by women for women, and focuses on enhancing refugee and immigrant women’s strengths, skills, and courage through leadership training, education and advocacy to promote independence, self-sufficiency, and networking among its participants. Established in 1995 to respond to the issues of refugee women, RWN serves refugee and immigrant women from diverse backgrounds.
The Economic Empowerment Program Coordinator (EEPC) is accountable for implementation of the organization’s mission by providing services to refugee and immigrant women and their families across Georgia. The EEPC works closely with community partners including statewide coalitions, refugee resettlement agencies, ethnic and community based associations, domestic violence task forces, and immigrant rights organizations. The EEPC empowers refugee and immigrant women with the knowledge and resources to become economically self-reliant by providing employment assistance, facilitating entrepreneurship opportunities, access to educational training programs, and financial literacy training. The Economic Empowerment Program Coordinator is a salaried full-time position. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities of the Economic Empowerment Program Coordinator:
· Manage the Economic Empowerment Program and meet program and grant outcomes and requirements.
· Develop curriculum for training workshops on economic self-sufficiency and workforce development topics, conduct/arrange trainings, and facilitate networking opportunities for program participants.
· Work one-on-one with program participants by providing assessment and orientation, in addition to supporting clients in their individual goals, self-reliance and economic empowerment.
· Carry out employment outreach such as resume, job search, job application and interview assistance. Facilitate sustainable employment opportunities at all skill levels by developing and maintaining workforce partnerships with sustainable employment opportunities at all skill levels through local businesses that are hiring employees.
· Provide referrals and enrollment assistance to educational and training programs so clients can receive certifications in professional specialties, increasing the range of opportunities for high-paying jobs.
· Provide entrepreneurship and microenterprise support to increase access to business development training for women who would like to establish or grow an existing small business; a way of providing income for her family and potentially employing other women.
· Maintain database, records and case files for all clients.
· Track progress of the program and complete reports for funders.
· Write articles regarding the program for newsletters and the website.
· Establish collaborative relationships with other refugee and community agencies.
· Represent RWN in interagency and other meetings, including coordinating projects relating to the program.
· Other tasks as needed, designated by the Executive Director.
To apply: Please submit resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience with Economic Empowerment Program Coordinator Position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: March 29, 2018.