Position: Economic Empowerment Program Coordinator
Location: Atlanta, GA
Position Type: Full time, salaried
Reports to: Executive Director
The Economic Empowerment Program Coordinator is accountable for implementation of the organization’s mission by providing services to refugee and immigrant women and their families across Georgia, and community partners including statewide coalitions, refugee resettlement agencies, ethnic and community based associations, and immigrant rights organizations. The Economic Empowerment Program Coordinator empowers refugee and immigrant women with the knowledge and resources to become economically self-reliant by providing employment assistance, facilitating entrepreneurship opportunities and access to educational and financial literacy training program.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director. The duties and responsibilities of the position are to be carried out in a manner that is consistent with the mission, values and operating principles of RWN.
Duties of the Economic Empowerment Program Coordinator:
· Manage the Economic Empowerment Program and meet its program outcomes and requirements.
· Develop curriculum for training and workshop on economic self-sufficiency topics, conduct/ arrange training and workshops and facilitate networking opportunities for program participants.
· Work one-on-one with program participants by providing assessments and orientations in addition to creating individual goal plans and economic empowerment and self-reliant plans.
· Carry out employment outreach such as resume, job search, job application and interview assistance.
· Facilitate employment opportunities by making connections to sustainable employment opportunities at all skill levels through workforce partnerships with local businesses and staffing agencies.
· Provide education and training by making referrals and enrollment assistance for educational and training programs so clients can receive certifications in professional specialties, increasing the range of opportunities for quality jobs with higher pay.
· Assist in establishing entrepreneurship and microenterprise, support to increase access to business development training for women who would like to establish or grow an existing small business – a way of providing income for her family and potentially employing other women.
· Maintain database and records for all clients and case files.
· Track progress of the program and complete reports for funders.
· Write articles regarding program for newsletters and the website.
· Contribute in writing grant proposals for the Program.
· Establish collaborative relationships with other refugee and community agencies.
· Represent RWN in inter-agency and other meetings, including coordinating other projects relating to the program.
· Other tasks as needed designated by the Executive Director.
· Integrity, high ethical standards, and commitment to diversity and women’s empowerment.
· Minimum of an Associate's degree in a human services related discipline required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Ability to provide culturally sensitive case management is required.
· Experience linking program participants to a broad range of essential, community-based services to refugees and immigrants required.
· Passion for refugee, women’s issues and experiences.
· Informed about refugee and immigrant issues, and available services to program participants
· Strong Internet research and computer skills, especially with Outlook, Word, and Excel.
· Familiar with and appreciative of issues related to people with diverse cultures and languages.
· Fluency in language spoken by refugee groups settled in GA (Nepali, Burmese, Chin, Karen, Swahili, French, or other) is preferred.
· Ability to travel with a valid driver’s license and work on weekends as needed.
· Send resume with work history and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “EEP Coordinator Application” in the subject line. Application deadline October 31,2019.